We are gathered in the family room and my parents are watching a Chinese drama series. Abby and I are building Lego Duplo towers and neither one of us (...or so I thought...) was paying any attention elsewhere. My focus was on finding 4 matching color square blocks in the Lego tub when Abby said:

"Mama, ta men [Chinese: they are] hugging. Ta men {blows a kiss into the air} !"

Her mixed bag of English, Chinese, and gestures didn't immediately clue me in on what was going on until I noticed she was staring at the television, on which was a close-up of an embraced couple, kissing!!

Abby turned from he TV and started attacking towards us with puckered lips and gave us all slobbery smooches.

It is no longer safe to leave uncensored shows on while Abby is around, as she's obviously paying close attention, absorbing it all in, then acting on what she had just seen!


Comments (0)