I did not realize how traumatic baking banana bread could be, but the process of smashing up bananas caused Abby to cry hysterically. She LOVES her bananas and didn't like seeing them hurt, I guess.

"No, no, no! Stop, Mama, stop!"

She started to calm down a little when we gave her an un-mushed banana to eat.

After bananas were mashed and integrated into the batter, Abby had a great time helping with the remaining process.

Tossing the dry ingredients into the wet.

"Baking's not so bad when you get to eat chocolate chips!"

Just before it went in the oven. Unfortunately, we over-baked the bread. Still trying to get used to baking in altitude.


Comments (2)

On August 25, 2009 at 9:58 PM , Joyce said...

I miss your baking...

 
On August 27, 2009 at 12:33 AM , Treasures By Brenda said...

That's quite a story about your daughter's reaction although I guess I can understand it. I am sure, once you master the altitude issue, banana bread will be a favorite in your household. It sure is in mine!

The Best-Ever Banana Bread Recipe is our family's recipe. Sorry I cannot offer any advice about the altitude difference.