There is a place in Morrison, Colorado, nestled in the canyons, called Tiny Town. It is a one-sixth size miniatures museum where most of the structures are replicas of historic landmarks, many uniquely from Colorado.

I was searching on the internet for recommended outdoors family places to take advantage of the warmer weather. Tiny Town was well-recommended by parents, but I think the target audience is for younger kids - maybe 5 and under.

Surrounding Tiny Town is a 5/8-mile railroad track that carries passengers on small trains pulled by either a gas or steam engine.

Abby had a grand old time peeking into all the little houses with fully decorated interiors and running around inside a few of the larger structures. The highlight for her was the train ride, though. She has been fascinated by trains since we see several a week during our commute to and from daycare.

Price of admission was fairly easy on the wallet - $5/adult and $3/kid ages 2-12. $1/person for the train ride.
















Comments (2)

On October 7, 2009 at 10:23 AM , Angie Howard said...

Do you remember the hot dog-shaped Coney Island hot dog stand on the way to Bailey, CO? My famiy used to stop there when I was on my way to or from Girl Scout camp. Seeing the picture of the replica reminded me. Thanks! :)

 
On October 7, 2009 at 7:27 PM , Cecilia Newell said...

Angie, it's funny that going to a place like Tiny Town made me realize that despite having grown up in CO, I do NOT know much about the history of this place. I'm now determined to learn with Abby about this great state! :) I wonder if that hot dog stand is still there...