The family has just returned from a trip to Sydney, Australia. We were there to celebrate my Great-Uncle's 100th Birthday. My Great-Uncle, whom we call Bo-Gong, raised my father and in our minds is like our Grandpa. So, on this momentous occasion, relatives from several countries gathered for a reunion and Paul, Abby, Kayleigh, my parents, my brother, and I all took a trip Down Under.

We were there for just a week, which is just enough time for our bodies to get used to the time difference and now we are back, trying to recalibrate.

Paul and I are fighting with not being able to fall asleep until 2 or 3 am. And during the day, a crash starts around 1:30, when the body just says, "Too tired to function...shutting down." We returned to Denver late Friday night. Today, being Monday, is our first day back to work and school. We are doing ok, but still not quite back to normal. Kayleigh has had the hardest time readjusting, waking up 5 or more times after we put her down - light's too bright, music's too loud, room's too hot, poopy, thirsty, etc. - before she will settle down for the night.

Soon enough I'll sift through our photos and blog the amazingly fun trip we had, best part being the reminder that I have some of the bestest cousins in the world! For now, just trying to recover...













- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments (0)