Abby learned a new consonant yesterday. She came home and kept making the sound "kakuh?" I thought she was finally ready to learn to say "Cat!"

When I dropped her off at daycare this morning, her teachers told me Abby had learned to say, "Cracker"...as in a Ritz cracker. She wouldn't say it for me when prompted, but sure enough, when we came home, I brought out a roll of Ritz crackers and she immediately started to say "kakuh, kakuh?" She is not very good with the "R" sound yet, but you can distinctly hear the attempts at the "R's" in "kakuh," so that it actually comes pretty darned close to "cracker." I am so proud of her! :)


^Double pig-tails!


^Going on a stroller ride outside to study nature and the branch she brought home from their adventure.

Today, the class took a pretend trip to Alaska! (Abby will be well-prepared for our Alaskan cruise coming up in 3 weeks.) The babies got to play with ice from Alaska (ice cubes), learn about the word "cold," and got to taste orange sherbet.


^Not so sure about this thing called ice...it really doesn't taste like much and makes my fingers numb.



^Orange sherbet, on the other hand....


^...is surprisingly delicious!


^Must I let go of the spoon?!

More school photos on fotki.

Comments (0)