As Abby is getting out of the infant stage and literally cruising into the toddler stage, her diaper bag needs are changing. She no longer requires us to carry a large, cumbersome bag, anticipating every possible need. These days, if we carry a couple of diapers, wipes, a baggie of cheeries and/or puffs, a hat, a couple of pacifiers, a pacifier holder, some antibacterial wipes, and a sippy cup of water, we're pretty much ready to go out for several hours.

I have been shopping for a smaller diaper bag. One that is well-organized, functional, but cute! I came across many of them in the $150+ range and dismissed them quickly. It's a diaper bag, after all!! Finally, I found the Haiku To-Go Messenger Bag. It's a mini messenger bag with an Asian design. Lots of big, useful pockets - some are open, some have velcro enclosures, some are zippered - to allow for easy access and good organization. It was less than $100 and I thought I'd found the perfect bag.

I checked out the bag at REI, and although I loved its ruggedness, quality, and design, I began to doubt whether or not the size would be too small. I waffled on my decision to get the bag....perhaps I needed the Haiku Ultimate Messenger bag instead!

While I swirled in my indecisiveness, my birthday started approaching. Before I knew it, I was having a birthday lunch with a few good friends and found out they had all chipped in and got me the To-Go Messenger bag in the Calligraphy Bamboo Green Design! The interior is a light blue that matches the embroidery. The light color makes finding stuff so easy.
I have been using it for a week now and have been able to fit in twice as much as I thought I could. It is deceiving in size and I have never been so organized! I absolutely love this bag and highly recommend it. So many designs to choose from, too!

Comments (0)