My office held a book fair last year and I found a set containing four of these "My Chunky Friend Story Book" books - the ladybug, elephant, tiger, and fish.

I bought them for Abby who was 6 months old at the time. She liked chewing on the ladybug book.

Today, I usually have to read all four of these books at least 2 times each at a sitting. Her favorite is still the ladybug book, but mainly because the ladybug and her friends join hands to form a ring to dance and sing and we always sing a song on that page.

Each book has a nice rhythm and rhyme. The pictures are vibrant and happy, yet uncomplex. I can see why it appeals to my daughter so much.

If only I can find these books locally, I think they would make fantastic gifts for infants/toddlers! So far, I can only find them through amazon.com.uk.

I'll definitely be attending all book fairs with an eye out for these great books and if anyone out there has spotted them, please share the location.

Comments (2)

On December 18, 2008 at 11:13 PM , Anonymous said...

How nice!! This type of books are good for kids...

 
On August 23, 2011 at 3:42 PM , Anonymous said...

I have the whoe set of 11! Can be purchased at Coles book stores