This morning, after arriving at daycare, I told Abigail to say goodbye to her Hello Kitty and that she'll see her later. She gave the doll a big hug, kissed her on the top of her head, and said, "I love you! I'll be coming back, ok?"

I thought, "Awww, she's mimicking us when we drop her off at daycare!"

Every night when we put Abigail to bed, we say, "Goodnight, I love you." Sometimes she'll respond with, "Night-night," but usually we don't get any response. She gives me a kiss and a hug-squeeze then does the same with Paul before we tuck her in.

Tonight, though, we got an extra special surprise at bedtime. When I picked her up, she whispered, "I love you!" right before she gave me the kiss/hug-squeeze combo. Jumping into Paul's arms, she said, "I love you too!"

I have a giant grin on my face right now and it won't be going away anytime soon...

Comments (0)