Kayleigh started smiling at 4.5 weeks old. Her favorite person to smile at is my dad, who can just look at her and receive a big grin. The rest of us have to talk, sing, coo, and pull faces at her to maybe get a smirk.

Over the last week and a half we have spent a lot of time trying everything we can to produce a smile. It's been a lot of fun and is getting better as her smiles have become more frequent.

She is starting to stay awake a little more now, sleeping maybe only 16 hours a day, rather than 20. She is still proving to be a very laid-back, easy-going kid.

Eyebrows and eyelashes are starting to fill in. (I was shocked when she was born with both nearly indiscernible!)

She is holding her head up very well - up and steady for about 5-8 seconds at a time - and she loves being held upright to look at everything, which is also a sign that she is seeing more and more.

We don't know how much she weighs right now, but she has definitely grown quite a bit - length-wise and width-wise. To my utter delight, she has developed fantastic "pinch me" cheeks where if you look at her profile, you can't see her lips and can barely see the tip of her nose, as they are hidden behind chubby cheeks. I LOVE babies with ample cheeks! Abby sometimes greets Kayleigh in the afternoons during pick-up from daycare with a squeeze of those delicious cheeks. :)

Comments (2)

On June 12, 2010 at 2:08 PM , Julie said...

Wow! What a very pretty new baby! I'll bet you're still not past the "oh, my goodness! Where did the time go? I've just been sitting here and staring at the fabulousness I've made!" stage!

 
On June 12, 2010 at 2:08 PM , Julie said...

Forgot to add Happy SITS Saturday!