Function and comfort are typically all I notice when clothes shopping. Fashion is not exactly high on the list. I am a bit ashamed to think that I have two lovely girls who might be afflicted with my lack of fashion sense because they will never grow up being surrounded by a sense of appreciation for fashion.

But a few months ago, an email arrived in my inbox inviting me to a Matilda Jane Trunk Show. Anyone who has girls need to be aware of the MJ clothing line, it indicated. Well, I was game.

I attended the show.

I bought a few pieces.

And now I'm hooked!

I adore the fun ruffles, the lace, the buttons, the knots, and even the floral prints. I love the layer upon layer of colors and different patterns that look both vintage and modern when put together. I love the swishiness of the dresses and skirts.

Every time Abby goes out wearing Matilda Jane she receives a ton of compliments. People's face brighten and they grin as they say, "That is so much FUN!" So, yes, buying MJ is my contribution to a healthier and happier society. Ha!

But, as for some degree of fashion awareness, maybe it's not completely hopeless for my girls.




Comments (0)