When I went to get Abby out of her crib this morning, I found her face covered in drool crust.

"Eeeewwww! What's with the excess drool?"

I washed her face and started to feed her. Half-way through her feeding, she looked up at me and gave me the biggest grin. That was when I noticed extra ridges in her upper gums.

"Ooh, can she actually be getting more teeth?! Finally!" It has been almost 4 months since she got her last tooth.

I stuck a finger in her mouth to feel around and, sure enough, I could feel the sharp little "teeth" on the tooth that was emerging. I guess these baby ridges are to help the tooth cut through the gums. They get smoothed out pretty quickly once baby starts to use their new tooth, but I felt their sharpness when Abby got annoyed with my finger in her mouth and chomped down to express her feeling!

This is her third tooth. Upper left.

Comments (0)