The writers of "The Family Guy" need to come to our house and observe the actions of our toddler and her violent tendencies toward her mother to use as material for the ongoing Stewie vs Lois battle.

Abby's been fighting a cold the last few days; fever, cough, runny nose, lethargy, etc. Today, I knew she was feeling better because she started unleashing deliberate attacks on me!

On our way to dinner, I asked her, "Abby, are you hungry? Do you want to eat?"

She makes the sign gesture for eat, telling me she was indeed hungry. I grabbed a graham cracker and handed it to her, but she swatted it away, grabbed my hand, shoved it in her mouth and bit down hard on my fingers!

Moments later...I can't recall what I was doing...but a pacifier hits me hard on the cheek. It bounces back into Abby's lap, as she was sitting in her car seat. She picks it up and throws it again at my face, hitting me square on the nose! The force in which she used to fling the pacifier caused both of her feet to fly up in the air.

Is this juvenile coercion considered normal? When does this phase pass? It will pass....won't it?

The Assault Weapon

Comments (0)