We are extremely blessed with a child who at 3 years old understands letting mommy and daddy sleep in.

Even though Abby may get up early, she finds something to entertain herself if everyone else is still asleep. Usually she'll read in her room or play outside our bedroom. Many times she'll even go back to her room, tuck herself back into bed, and sleep for awhile longer.

At 7:45 AM yesterday I was woken up by the sound of Abby whispering something in the distance then thump thump thump thump thump, shuffle shuffle, pause, thump thump thump thump thump followed by more whispering.

"Abby?" I called out, still groggy.

She is just outside our bedroom and pokes her head in, smiling.

"Abby, Kayleigh is still asleep, do you want to come in the room and play quietly?"

Whispering, "Um, no thank you. My giraffe is trying to sleep, so I have to stay with him. You can sleep in."

I don't argue with that! So, I closed my eyes and listened to her chattering quietly with her giraffe for a good 20 minutes before guilt pulled me out of bed for good.

When I took Abby to get dressed, this is what I found at the other side of our bedroom door. She had been running back and forth from our bedroom to hers to gather blankets for her giraffe.

Comments (1)

On October 4, 2010 at 1:41 PM , Joyce said...

that's so sweet!!!