Abby and I are going on a 10-day business trip to Denver, Colorado. Yes, my company is actually paying to fly Abby out with me on this business trip. I was dumbfounded by their generosity, but we also did not have a choice. Paul's work schedule is not conducive to supporting daycare drop-off and pick-up, so Abby had to come with me.

We will be staying with my parents for these few days. My company is located in Littleton, CO, actually - about 30 minutes from where my parents live. Gong-Gong and Po-Po (Grandpa and Grandma on my side) are very, very excited to see her for a few days. The last time they saw her she was 5 1/2 months old.

I'm nervous about the trip. I am hauling two suitcases (1 was too heavy), a Pack N Play, a carseat, a backpack carry-on, and Abby, who will be in the Ergo baby carrier. I'm not sure how I'll make it to baggage check-in, but we should be ok getting through security and afterwards.

Abby has her own seat since she's much too big for being a lap infant. We are actually checking in Abby's carseat and will be using an FAA-approved Child Restraint Harness known as CARES for the flight. I will let you know how that works out.

Just a little nervous.........

Comments (0)