Well, since we are relocating to Denver in a week, I need to find Abby a new daycare ASAP. Luckily, there are a few daycares with spaces in their toddler classes starting in November and I will be visiting them with my mom and Abigail tomorrow.

I think that daycare hunting this time around will be a lot easier than the first. The Goddard School has set some high standards and I know what I'm looking for. Exceptional teacher/child interaction, a high standard for child education (even in the infant/toddler classes), individualized care for each kid, excellent parent/teacher communication, letting kids act their age, and love, love, love, to name a few of the most important criteria.

So, we will be visiting 5 daycares tomorrow morning. All 5 are within 15 minutes from where I work. I have come to realize that having a daycare close to work provides a significant peace of mind and it allows us to minimize Abby's time at daycare each day, maximizing our time spent with her.

We have high hopes for the Primrose School of Littleton. We will also be visiting a Goddard School, but its location might not be ideal. The remaining 3 are the Primrose School of Ken Caryl, the Trailmark Learning Center, and the Gateway Academy.

The Primrose Schools are similar to the Goddard Schools in that they are governed by a corporate standard, but each is a privately-owned franchise.

Comments (2)

On October 16, 2008 at 10:12 AM , Anonymous said...

Hi Cecilia,
My name is Abby Hussey, and I am the owner of The Goddard School located in Centennial, CO. I'm not sure of your work location, but our Goddard is centrally located in the Denver Tech Center area. I'd like to invite you to our Open House on Sat. 11/8 from 11am - 1pm. Please feel free to call or email me anytime! 303)738-5922 or centennialco@goddardschools.com

 
On October 20, 2008 at 6:39 PM , Cecilia Newell said...

Abby, thank you for the invitation. Unfortunately, the DTC area is too far out of the way. We are happy to see that more Goddard Schools are becoming available in CO. Best of luck with your school!