Ok, if the last few posts haven't given it away, I am now officially announcing that our family is moving to Colorado. This is an extremely bittersweet time in our lives and I am still overwhelmed by the speed in which it is all happening.

I have accepted a job to transfer from Lockheed Martin Information Systems & Global Solutions (IS&GS) to Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company (SSC), a separate business unit. The new job is an excellent, but rare opportunity and I am very excited to get the offer. However, it means that I will need to start immediately (Nov 3rd), leaving Paul behind until he is discharged from the Navy. Abby and I will move out to Denver on October 24th, staying with my parents until we can find our new home. Lockheed Martin has offered a tremendous relocation package which will help us in the sale of our house in MD and the purchase of a new place in CO, among other great benefits. Paul will join us with Tigger, Belle, and Gizmo in late February or early March of next year.

To give you an idea how quickly this happened, we planned for me to start putting feelers out for a new job in August, hoping to line something up for the summer of 2009. By mid-September, I had 2 job offers and had accepted one. Abby and I will be moving out to CO before Halloween.

It was planned and it is our ultimate goal to move the family back to Colorado. After all, with both Paul's parents and mine respectively in Colorado Springs and Denver, it makes sense for us to be there as well. Colorado is home and we have missed it since we moved to the East Coast six years ago. Over these last few years, we have made a lot of friends and my stomach still knots up to think I won't be able to see them on a regular basis anymore - they will all be missed tremendously, but I am holding out hope that with the help of the internet and more people willing to travel, that I will still be in touch with all of them.

I will miss Aunt Linn and Aunt Libby being close by the most. They have been our closest family out here and having them in VA Beach and able to stop by for a visit every now and then (like driving up to be with us for Abby's birth!) has really meant a lot to me. I don't think we could have made it six years out here without them. I was raised with a strong need for being surrounded by family and having both sets of parents and siblings so far away leaves a hole. Aunt Linn and Aunt Libby fill that hole and we're just going to have to spend the next few years convincing them to move out to Colorado to join us!

Comments (1)

On October 23, 2008 at 9:33 PM , Anonymous said...

Yeah....Welcome back to Colorado!!!!