Abby is finally back to sleeping through the night (down at 8:00 PM and up at 6:45 AM) again and I am feeling settled at my parents' house and at work. Abby seems happy at her new daycare, despite being sick for more days than she has been healthy, due to her bout of pinkeye. Today, we found out her teachers have successfully taught her to cover her mouth when she coughs. They accomplish in 2 days what we've been trying to teach her for almost a year!

The house in Maryland is listed on the market. If anyone is interested in buying a house in Montgomery County, Maryland, check out this listing (MLS #MC6912323).

We are actively searching for a new home in Colorado, but I think we'll end up finding an apartment when Paul moves out here with our 3 kitties and then taking our time to find our permanent residence.

What's left on my to-do list before I can say we've completely moved out here include:
- Getting an emissions test for the car and obtaining Colorado tags for it
- Attending orientation for my new job (it'll feel strange considering I've worked for this company for over 10 years now! Even though I'm changing business units, I actually started in this business unit as an intern in college.)
- Disenrolling from Tricare Prime, our military medical insurance (I have already enrolled Abby and myself in the group medical insurance provided by my company.)
- Finding alternative - and quicker - routes to daycare and to work (current time on road is 45 minutes each direction.)
- Finding a good hairdresser

All in all, I am feeling much more relaxed and can start to appreciate a few of the many reasons we have decided to move back here - the most important reasons being family. For example, this past weekend, we spent some time with Grandma and Grandpa Newell in Colorado Springs. It was so amazing to know they're just an hour away and we can pop in the car and go see them anytime we want now! Uncle Allen is Abby's idol and Abby is such a goofball with my parents; she provides so much fun and laughter in the house every day.

Comments (0)