Last night, I took Abby's temperature because she was feeling a little warm, with rosy cheeks and a runny nose. I messed up the first time and her temperature came back 94 degrees. I believe I mumbled to myself something to the effect of: "If that's true, you'd be dead."

(Her temperature was just fine at 97.7.)

Tonight, as we were getting ready for bed, she was in a playful mood and after I changed her into her sleeper, she grabbed the thermometer, unzipped her sleeper (her new favorite game is to completely undress herself - she will go as far as removing her diaper as well - after I get her dressed and ready for bed) and stuck the thermometer under her arm.

When nothing happened, she handed it to me and grunted at me to play along.

I turned on the thermometer and stuck it under her arm with the digital numbers facing up so she could watch them change.

The thermometer was slow...several seconds passed...she finally gave me a sidelong glance and said, "Dead."

No, baby. Definitely not.

Comments (0)