For Christmas, Abby received two hair clips from Aunt Linn and Aunt Libby, who came across these hand-made gems from Lovebug Lane at a craft show in Virginia Beach. What struck me first was their cuteness and uniqueness, followed by amazement at the quality and creativity of the products after careful examination. For anyone who's ever shopped for baby/toddler girls' clothing, you know you come across hundreds upon hundreds of hair barrettes, but all of them seem to look like different colors of the same lame thing over and over again.

Upon returning to Colorado, I found myself constantly putting these clips in Abby's hair and I quickly realized that I would like to get a few more, not just for Abby but for other friends of mine who have or will be having little girls.

I emailed Lovebug Lane and have received such sweet responses from its founder. She is a stay at home mom who created Lovebug Lane in the summer of 2008, working with her retired mother. The clear pride and enthusiasm for their craft really make their products even more special.

They are in the process of setting up their website, which is available here. Infrastructure is complete, but they have yet to load over a hundred more available products.

The photos below are of Abby's hair clips and I must say the photos do not do them justice, as so much depth and dimension do not come across.



Oh, yes, one last thing. I did not notice the note at first, but Lovebug Lane also makes handmade hair clips for pets!!! And, boy, are they adorable!

Comments (0)