That should me my new nickname - Sicky.

I guess it started around the time Abby came home with pinkeye on November 6th.

I ended up getting pinkeye, then the 5-week cough that turned into bronchitis.

Heading back to Maryland to see Paul and the kitties, I was actually feeling very well, but then Abby visited her old daycare and brought home - well, we'll blame her because she can't speak and defend herself yet - the stomach virus that spread to each of us over the Christmas holiday.

The following week, I crashed with a screaming sore throat, fevers and chills, which brought me to an Emergency Room 3 days later. It's not strep and the flu test came back negative. We're waiting to see if it is mono!!! I'll be getting a second opinion this week in Colorado because despite having gotten the flu shot this year, I think I've really got the flu.

In the meantime, I seem to do okay if I take 800mg of Motrin precisely every 8 hours and supplement with Tylenol in between. Any lag between medication time, however, the fever immediately returns, all energy is sapped, and I'm a helpless lump on the couch, shivering under 4 covers.

Time to go rest now.

Comments (1)

On January 4, 2009 at 11:33 PM , ingemar said...

No! You poor thing!