"There's something" going around daycare right now that has Abby's class reduced to 5 attendees from 10 and Abby was sent home today for supposedly having a fever of 101.9 degrees.

She has had a slight fever off and on since last Friday. Add to that a runny nose, a cough, and irritability, I have kept her at home for 2 days already.

I took her to the doctor's yesterday and she was diagnosed with bronchiolitis, which is like adult bronchitis with wheezing. She was given a breathing treatment and was much better. The treatment is to wait a week or so because it's viral.

Well, Abby has been happy and bouncy for the most part and that definitely was the case yesterday when she was also fever-free, so felt it was ok to take her to daycare. At around noon, I got a call from the school, asking me to pick her up because they took her temperature and she has a fever.

I rushed over to school and was greeted with, "Mama!!!!! Hahahahaha!!" Bounce. Bounce. Bounce. My eyes narrowed and I was a little irritated when I grabbed her coat and bag. She didn't SEEM sick.

When I talked to her teachers, they said she's been acting fine. Her daily report says she's had a GREAT DAY! She ate all her food and has been overall happy. She didn't look flushed and the huge grin on her face made me very suspicious, so I touched her forehead, finding it cool! I know the school is not allowed to give them any medicine, so I wonder if the school/teachers were just digging for an excuse to send kids home....

They kept saying, "There's something going around the school...." but they can't say what. I think I'm doubly irritated because Abby was sent home early last Friday as well because the "school doctor" thinks that she had hand-foot-mouth disease. Apparently, some kids have come down with it and Abby happened to have some red blisters on her hands. Turns out Abby's "blisters" were her typical eczema rash, which completely cleared up as soon as I put some paw-paw ointment on it. What kind of a doctor can't distinguish between blisters and a rash?!

Anyway, Abby's not allowed to go back to daycare tomorrow because she must be fever-free for 24 hours.

Abby's doing just fine, but this week's going to be a total bust for work!

Comments (0)