Our house in Clarksburg, Maryland is finally under contract and has been since Friday. The offer was received on Thursday afternoon and it was such a clean offer - and one we could live with - that we accepted it.

I did not get the sense of glee I thought I would, though, and I couldn't figure out why until Paul hit on it. We loved the house! If it weren't for its location in a state that was not Colorado, we would probably be there forever. It was perfect for us - unique, the right size, the ideal layout.

After months of househunting in Colorado, I just haven't found anything that's felt just right and I'm in a funk. Which is why even though we have yearned for selling the Clarksburg house, I was really sad.

It made me feel a little better learning yesterday that the family who is buying the house LOVES it.

On Tuesday, the contract will be ratified. Following the inspection and the appraisal, the relocation company buys the house from us and sells it to the buyer.

When Paul comes out here next week, we will be househunting in more earnest. There are a lot for us to choose from. We just need to be patient to find the one that will suit us the best.

Comments (0)