I came home last Thursday to a couple of surprises. Gong-Gong had been watching Kayleigh while I went in to the office for the day. Since Kayleigh had slept in that morning, I did not get a chance to get her dressed and ready in the morning. When I walked in the door, I saw that Gong-Gong had done it again! This time to Kayleigh. Her famously floppish hair was no more. Gong-Gong had gotten tired of it always getting into Kayleigh's eyes, so rather than finding a hairclip, he found a pair of scissors and took care of the problem.

After being slightly disheartened that I wasn't there for her first haircut, I actually thought Kayleigh looked quite cute with her choppy bangs. So, hair shock was surprise number one.

Surprise number two was I saw Kayleigh take her first unassisted steps. With her froggy in one hand, she let go of my fingers and walked towards the chalk board, taking two fairly steady steps!





Over the weekend, we saw her take up to three good steps on her own. Still very cautious, she will generally go to her knees and crawl if she needed to go more than a couple of feet. Quite a huge milestone, though, for the little one!



So, surprise number one, needed a bit of a fix. Because of how short her bangs were cut, I did not know how to attempt to fix it, nor did I think Kayleigh would cooperate well enough to let me mess with her hair, so we took her to the Jack and Jill kid salon.

We knew of this place because Abby had recently attended a princess birthday party there. The stylists there work great with the youngsters.

Kayleigh sat in a pink Hummer and did everything the stylist asked of her, not protesting one bit!





In the end, the stylist just softened up her bangs and evened out the sides and back. Because of how short her bangs were, she did not want to cut off any more.

I had her hair clippings saved for a "First Haircut" certificate just for fun.

Comments (1)

On April 7, 2011 at 8:22 PM , Angie said...

Wow! She isn't a baby anymore!